[Mapserver-users] httpd-error.log: Incompatible libpng version

Benjamin Thelen CCGIS thelen at ccgis.de
Tue Dec 23 09:19:07 EST 2003

Hi list,

I am setting up our new server with FreeBSD 4.9 and mapserver 4. This'll
replace our FreeBS 4.7/mapserver 3.6 box.

I get the following error in httpd-error.log on a map request
(this leads to an "Internal Server Error"):

[Mon Dec 22 17:03:38 2003] [error] [client 192.168.2.109] Premature end
of script headers: /usr/local/www/cgi-bin/mapserv
libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.0.6
libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.2.5
libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

I have compiled mapserver --with-png=/usr/local. png.h is located in
/usr/local/include.

I suppose "Application" refers to the mapserver binary. But png.h is
definitely version 1.2.5. So I really don't understand this error
message telling me that mapserver was compiled with a png.h from version
1.0.6!?

Does anybody have an idea? I have alread removed many, many packages,
which need png and reinstalled/compiled those again. But it did not help.

Thanks, for any help!

--
Kind Regards,

Benjamin Thelen