[Mapserver-users] Problems with new mapserver install

mapserver at digger.net mapserver at digger.net
Wed Dec 31 21:21:41 EST 2003

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 16:08:22 -0800
Tyler Mitchell <TMitchell at lignum.com> wrote:

> ./mapserv -v
>
> should list all the capabilities.

A-hah!  That reports:
MapServer version 4.0.1 SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF
INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

I see some things missing that probably ought to be there.  Like GIF and
PNG.  Since I did tell configure where to find those, and it reported
finding them.

Thinking back, it occurs to me that I had to manually put "-pthread" into
CFLAGS in the Makefile before it would compile.  (I'm sure there must be a
configure option to solve the problem, but I don't know what it is.)  So
on a whim, I decided to put "-pthread" into CFLAGS in configure and try
compiling it again, to see if maybe it got configured wrong.  Success!

Now mapserv -v reports:
MapServer version 4.0.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

That looks MUCH better!  Better yet, now the Workshop demo appears to work
perfectly!  The Itasca demo still has issues, but it appears that
converting GIF to PNG will solve that.  So I think I'm up and running!

> I feel your pain.

My pain is now gone, thanks to your help.

Dave