[Mapserver-users] mapscript and XBase cause Out of memory error and/or premature end of script headers error

Jonathan W. Lowe jlowe at giswebsite.com
Thu Jan 2 19:34:07 EST 2003

Perl mapscript in combination with the perl XBase and CGI modules works
very well in my Redhat 8 development environment, but when moving the
code to the production FreeBSD environment, the following problem
results:

A program containing the statements...

	use mapscript;
	use XBase;

...runs the mapscript portions correctly when just the "use XBase;" line
is commented out.

The same program runs the XBase portions correctly when just the "use
mapscript;" line is commented out.

The line causing problems when both modules are running contains the
following  perl mapscript command:

	my $img = $map->draw() or die('Unable to draw map');

The resulting line in the apache error_log reads:

	Out of memory!
	[Thu Jan  2 16:09:25 2003] [error] Premature end of script
headers...etc

The only posting referring to "Out of memory" in this context refers to
SWIG and is a couple of years old.

Any ideas for resolving this problem?

Regards,
Jonathan W. Lowe