[Mapserver-users] Multiple files as one LAYER

Eric L. Blevins eblevins at insight.rr.com
Mon Jan 6 02:19:12 EST 2003

I have the same sort of setup and here is what I did.

create a tileindex for your shape files:

find . -name "railroads.shp" -print > metafile.txt
tile4ms metafile.txt railroadstile

In the map file tell it to use the tileindex:

LAYER   name "RailRoads"
        TYPE line
        STATUS DEFAULT
        TILEINDEX "railroadstile"