[Mapserver-users] Compile/library problems

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Jan 6 16:01:45 EST 2003

Andrew,

Hmmmm. When you say installed, you mean you configure with a --prefix, and
then did a "make install"?

If so, the problem is probably simply the path you're giving to configure

let's say you created ~/lib and ~/include to put your librairies in ... In
this case, you saying --with-gd=/ might just work (the lib and include
directories are ofthen "assumed" by configure scripts.  This becomes
sligghtly clearer if you use a subdirectory for your styff, so ~/mylibs
inside which you create lib and include, and then feed ~/mylibs to your
configure ...

In some cases, you can try pointing to the src directory where the library
has been built.

But you're going to have a bigger problem.  The system linker on your ISP's
server isn't going to find the librairies it wants to dynamically load. To
get around this, either you get them to update their linker paths
(ld.so.conf), which is unlikely they would do, or you use your own linker
... Or, last resort, statically build your cgi executable ... though I
couldn't help you with that I'm afraid!

J.F.