[Mapserver-users] MapServer 3.6.4 release

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jan 9 00:41:55 EST 2003

Hi everyone,

A new MapServer version 3.6.4 release has been posted to the MapServer
website tonight.  I'll attach the list of changes since 3.6.3 at the end
of this message, mostly minor bug fixes.

You can get the 3.6.4 source at http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/dload.html

Pericles mentioned that he would make new win32 builds available on the
UMN site shortly (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/win32binaries.html), and
new PHP MapScript DLLs should be available on the DM Solutions download
site soon as well (http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/).

Finally, a note about the SWIG wrappers in this source package:

Steve Lime wrote:

> There is one small difference. The version of Swig used to build the
> Perl/Python/Tcl interfaces is different than in previous releases. With
> Perl there is a subtle difference in how you instantiate objects:
>
>   $map = new mapObj(...);
>
> becomes:
>
>   $map = new mapscript::mapObj(...);
>
> This change was made to bring Perl in line with the other language
> modules.

Enjoy!

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca

Version 3.6.4 (2003-01-08)
--------------------------

- Use LD instead of CC to refer to linker program name in the Makefile
  to help dealing with GCC 3.x issues (doesn't resolve the issue
  completely)

- Added missing MS_LAYER_CIRCLE and MS_CC constants in PHP MapScript

- Fixed bad memory corruption bug with WMS SRS parameter value mapwms.c
  (Thanks to Ed M. for finding it)

- Added version 3.7's mappostgis.c
      - minor bug fixes
      - lots of help if you make a mistake
      - more functionality

- Fixed problem in space-delimited wms_srs metadata with WMS client mode
  where the last SRS in the string was never used even if it would have
  been a best match.  Causing unnecessary WMS reprojections in several
  cases.

- Fixed configure script to produce an error if --with-gdal does not
  point to a valid gdal-config file.