[Mapserver-users] Accessing the cumulative distance value outside of the status bar

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Sun Jan 12 10:33:38 EST 2003

--=======6225B89=======

I'm not familiar with Rosa, but I have added distance measuring
functionality to jBox FKA mapplet. It returns the invididual segment
distance and the cumulative distance, which can then be displayed in the
browser's status bar or elsewhere (like in a text box). For a working
example see:
     http://www2.tetonwyo.org/mapserver/
and for the java classes and source
     http://www.greenwoodmap.com/mapserver/
It will also be available on the UMN site soon.

Having said all that, it seems like you could accomplish what you want with
Rosa and JavaScript. You can read the browser's status line with
     s=defaultStatus;
And you could then implement your own running total or whatever.

Rich