[Mapserver-users] unable to load dynamic library

frauke.trurnit at gmx.de frauke.trurnit at gmx.de
Mon Jan 13 08:23:03 EST 2003

> frauke.trurnit at gmx.de wrote:
> >
> > I get the following error message:
> >
> > Unable to load dynamic library
> > '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/php_mapscript.so' -
> /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/php_mapscript.so: undefined symbol:
> > GDALGetRasterXSize in /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/releases/bundestag.php4 on
> line 2
> > Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ms_newmapobj() in
> > /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/releases/bundestag.php4 on line 4
> >

> PHP seems to find your php_mapscript.so OK.  The problem seems related
> to your GDAL installation, php_mapscript.so would have been compiled for
> a given version of GDAL but would find another version at runtime.  Make
> sure you don't have two copies of GDAL on your system, and that
> MapServer and MapScript are compiled for this copy of GDAL.
>
> (to be safe, recompile and reinstall GDAL from scratch: make clean;
> make; make install and then recompile MapServer: make clean; make)
>
> Daniel
> --
>  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca
>  DM Solutions Group              http://www.dmsolutions.ca/

Where can I look for a possible second version? I installed only one
version of GDAL (1.1.7). Can it be that Linux has its own GDAL? Or I
made somewhat wrong with the configuration of PHP/Mapscript. For the
configuration I put on the following doit-php4 file:

rm config.cache
make clean
./configure \
--prefix=/usr \
--bindir=/usr/bin \
--libdir=/usr/lib \
--with-exec-dir=%{libdir}/php/bin \
--with-mysql \
--with-tiff-dir=/usr \
--with-jpeg-dir=/usr \
--with-png-dir=/usr \
--with-gif-dir=/usr \
--with-zlib=yes \
--enable-track-vars \
--enable-magic-quotes \
--enable-safe-mode \
--enable-sockets \
--enable-dbase \
--with-config-file-path=/etc/httpd \
--with-regex=system \
--enable-shared \
--with-gd=/usr/frauke/bibliotheken/gd-1.8.4 \
--with-freetype-dir=/usr/include/freetype2 \
--enable-native-gd-ttf

Here is a call of GDAL missing?
The MapServer is configured --with-gdal.

Frauke