[Mapserver-users] Buffering problems

Lyndon Zimmermann lyndon.zimmermann at adelaide.edu.au
Tue Jan 14 19:47:40 EST 2003

Greetings,

I'd like to simulate buffering of a point theme (though may later want
to repeat for a line theme), mapping the region within say 200km of a
port without going to the hassle of creating a polygon theme.  I
tried:

LAYER
  NAME ports # Actually a node theme
  TYPE point
  STATUS ON
  DATA ports
  CLASS
    COLOR 0 0 255 # blue
    SYMBOL 's10'
    SIZEUNITS 'kilometers'
    SIZE 200
  END
  QUERY
    TEMPLATE "query_ports.html"
  END
  TOLERANCE 12
END

with

Symbol
    Name 's10'
    Type ELLIPSE
    Filled
    Points
      1 1
    END
  END

It worked until I add the SIZEUNITS, then I get the error:

loadClass(): Unknown identifier. (SIZEUNITS):(112)

I'm using Mapserver 3.4 (I think) png version precompiled on a Windows
NT box.  Any clues gratefully received.  I've considered updating to
3.6 but I'm not sure what headaches this will create.

Lyndon Z
Adelaide, Australia