[Mapserver-users] PostGIS / Shapefile Performance Question

Lowther, David W dlowther at ou.edu
Wed Jan 15 13:55:06 EST 2003

Cord,

Basically I think of it (and I could be off the mark here also) as indexing
the shape column is like indexing the roadname column - how do i find each
shape fastest. Indexing the shapefile spatially would be more like Mapserver
uses tileindex for knowing which raster files are in the current extent
before it even tries to find them.

Does that make it clear as mud?

Dave