[Mapserver-users] Error rendering line shapefiles

Michael Anderson m_anderson14 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 15 14:18:34 EST 2003

Today I started getting a strange error with I try to render a shapefile of
polylines. If I turn the layer on and either zoom out too far or zoom to the
full extent of the map, I get this error:

msDrawShape(): General error message. Only polygon or line shapes can be
drawn using a line layer definition

If I zoom in it works fine. Zooming out is also OK until the extent gets
larger than the extent defined in the map file. Zooming to the full extent
produces the error every time. The shapefile was created in ArcView and
there are two shapefiles in the map file that were produced the same way and
work fine. Any ideas on what is going on? My only guess so far is that there
are some strange shapes in the shapefile and the error occurs when they are
in the visible extent.

Mike