[Mapserver-users] Label Prefix in Mapfile

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jan 15 17:04:05 EST 2003

Yes, use the TEXT option for classes. That allows you to set the text
for a given
class to a constant value OR to a value made up from various
attributes.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Hankley, Chip" <Chip.Hankley at GASAI.com> 01/15/03 01:53PM >>>
Is it possible to add CLASS specific prefixes to labels via the
mapfile?

For instance, I have a layer showing municipal boundaries; this layer
is
broken out into several classes, one for City, Town, and Village. For
my
CITY class, I would like my labels to be rendered as 'City of ' +
[MCD_NAME], villages as 'Village of ' + [MCD_NAME] etc.

Chip Hankley