[Mapserver-users] shp2img_error

Maurício Pereira Reis mpr at dpi.ufv.br
Fri Jan 17 11:08:21 EST 2003

The error undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0' tells you that you
need to link shp2img using g++ rather than gcc because one of your
libraries has C++ code.

I suggest that you make a backup copy of your Mapserver Makefile. Open the
Makefile and go to the lines where the Mapserver apps are compiled. There
will be lines like these: $(CC) -o shp2img shp2img.o ... Replace $(CC) with
$(CXX), and make sure that CXX is defined as c++ or g++ at some lesser line
number in the Makefile (this should be true by default).

Good luck!

Mauricio