[Mapserver-users] MaxScale / MinScale Problem

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Sat Jan 18 14:59:41 EST 2003

Scott Carr wrote:

> I have a residential and a business layer that lists a whole lot of people
> numbers and such.  I would like these layers to only show up when I get down to
> a certain extent.
>
> Anytime I put numbers in the MaxScale / MinScale, the layers are not displayed
> at all.  I have put numbers of varying ranges in, but no luck.
>
> Any ideas?

Try putting a [scale] tag in your template to view the range of scale
values that your map produces as you zoom in and out.  This will help
you in figuring the numbers to use as minscale and maxscale.

Also, if the scale value is not in the range that you expect it may be
because the UNITS at the top level of your map are not set properly.
The UNITS parameter must correspond to the units used by the EXTENT in
your mapfile.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca