[Mapserver-users] CLASS Expressions

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Jan 24 16:30:56 EST 2003

Should be fine, although I've never tried anything this complex. There's
a possibility the 2 slashes will be interpreted wrong (as an embeded
regex) so let me know if it doesn't work. Delimit it with ( )'s. You
don't need a CLASSITEM for logical expressions...

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "John McCue" <jmccue at geovue.com> 01/24/03 02:12PM >>>
I would like to use an expression something like:

  CLASS
    NAME "0 - 5%"
    EXPRESSION (([RACCYBLACK] + [RACCYASIAN] + [RACCYOTH])/[POPCY]*100
>= 0
AND 							([RACCYBLACK] +
[RACCYASIAN] + [RACCYOTH])/[POPCY]*100 <= 5)
    COLOR 120 120 255
  END

Is this valid in MapServer (v.3.6.3, Windows)?
[RACCYBLACK], [RACCYASIAN], [RACCYOTH] and [POPCY] are all fields in
the dbf
of my shape file.

	- Do I need to delimit the expression with /  /?

	- What field should appear in the CLASSITEM?

Thanks,
John