[Mapserver-users] For MapScript + Zope users, ZMapServer 0.3

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Jan 28 10:48:32 EST 2003

Sean,

As a Zope and MapServer user, this is great news to me, unfortunately I
personally don't have time to play with this yet, and Pyton/MapScript isn't
rock solid enough yet for my needs, but I hope this effort is well received,
as it has a LOT of potential.

In fact I recall telling Dave at DM this would be a fantastic way to do things
:)

I take it when an object is created, the MapFile is loaded into a MapScript
MapObject, and this object is stored in Zope? (Since I see from the screen
shots there is an "export" function, suggesting the product doesn't interact
directly with a mapfile on the filesystem).

Now all I need is a rock solid, fully thread safe, non memory leaking
mapserver/python MapScript (Not that it leaks memory, I dunno, I'm just
saying, I'm not feeling confident about loading python mapscript into a long
running process just yet).

But I'm definitely going to have to look at this ... If this can be properly
integrated into the CMF, wow, You just solved a LOT of issues for us :)

Cheers,
J.F.