[Mapserver-users] Smoothing NEXRAD imagery

Daryl Herzmann akrherz at iastate.edu
Tue Jan 28 12:18:58 EST 2003

Hi,

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Sean Gillies wrote:

>Daryl,
>
>Looks great!  I wouldn't sweat the pixelization.  If your users are
>scientists or weather geeks, they'll want to see the real NEXRAD image
>without smoothing, yes?

Ahhh, you have answered your own question!  Most of my users are general
public, so a pretty image is absolutely key.  When you watch your local
newscast, do the TV mets show pixelated images at 'Street-level detail'
NEXRAD?  I am playing devils advocate here.  As a scientist, I know the
'Street-level detail' is bogus, but I like pretty images too...

No biggie here, just curious if smoothed images are possible!

Daryl