[Mapserver-users] error compiling --with-pdf

Dylan Keon keon at nacse.org
Wed Jan 29 01:47:10 EST 2003

I'm getting the "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lPDF" error when trying to
compile 3.7 CVS --with-pdf=/opt/apps.  libpdf.a and libpdf.so are under
/opt/apps/lib, and /opt/apps/lib is already listed in /etc/ld.so.conf.
And ldconfig has been run.

I edited the Makefile and replaced -lPDF with -lpdf.  That didn't make a
difference.  So I also made PDF_OBJ= mappdf.o instead of leaving it
unassigned.  But that didn't help, either.  I also tried compiling with
just --with-pdf.

What am I missing?  Thanks.