OT: Color Blind and Maps WAS RE: [Mapserver-users] Maximum Num of Features?

Lowther, David W dlowther at ou.edu
Thu Jan 30 09:22:47 EST 2003

Antti,

We took an app to a trade show that was based on green roads with a red
selected set - and also a red box draw to zoom in. One of the most
interested people in what we were doing turned out to be color blind. It
wasn't until his road foreman came over and looked at the map that we
realized what was going on. I had honestly never thought of the possibility.
He was completely unable to se the difference and had to take others' words
that there really WERE selected roads...

I guess that changes some cartographic rules, huh?

Dave