[Mapserver-users] How to delete a GIST Index in gc_ok

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Thu Jan 30 11:32:42 EST 2003

-----Original Message-----

Hi Eric,

That's not entirely true, I've just noticed my reply didn't go onto the list so I'll make sure it gets there this time.

If I have a table like:

Create table t1 (
	Id int,
	Name varchar
	)

Select AddGeometryColumn('mydb', 't1', 'geom', -1, 'POINT', 2);

And then do:

Drop table t1;

...then it is still possible to recover from this! In this case, the correct thing to do would be:

Create table t1 (
	Id int,
	Name varchar
	)

...to create the table again. Then add a geometry column of type 'geometry' of the same name to the table manually:

Alter table t1 add column geom geometry;

Now you can do:

Select DropGeometryColumn('mydb', 't1', 'geom');

.... and then everything works as it should :)

Cheers,

Mark.

---

Mark Cave-Ayland
Webbased Ltd.
Tamar Science Park
Derriford
Plymouth
PL6 8BX
England

Tel: +44 (0)1752 764445
Fax: +44 (0)1752 764446

This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute its contents to any other person.