[Mapserver-users] wms layer placement

Brian Fischer bfischer at mpls.houstoneng.com
Thu Jan 30 11:38:28 EST 2003

Kevin,

I was having this problem a while back also with the USGS WMS and we
finally figured out there was a specific ArcIMS WMS parameter that we
had to include to fix the shifting problem.  When we included it in the
connection string it fixed the shifting we were seeing.  The parameter
is called REASPECT.  See the connection string we are using to the USGS
server below.

CONNECTION
http://gisdata.usgs.net/servlet/com.esri.wms.Esrimap?ServiceName=USGS_WM
S_LANDSAT7&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=map&Layers=LANDSAT7&SRS=EPSG:4326&REASP
ECT=false&Format=gif

I am still not for sure what the parameter means, but it fixed our
shifting problem.  Maybe this will work for you also.

Brian