[Mapserver-users] Projection woes...

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Fri Jan 31 16:59:45 EST 2003

I'm having trouble with a datum transformation. Most of my layers are
Wisconsin State Plane South, NAD27. I have all of these, as well as my
mapfile, described with the following:

  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:32054"
  END

I have one other layer, that uses a custom TM projection, NAD83. I have
defined this layer as such:

LAYER
  NAME streams
  GROUP "Natural Resources"
  METADATA
    LYRNAME "Streams"
  END
  PROJECTION
    "proj=tmerc"
    "lat_0=0"
    "lon_0=-90"
    "k=0.9996"
    "x_0=520000"
    "y_0=-4480000"
    "ellps=GRS80"
    "datum=NAD83"
    "units=m"
    "no_defs"
  END
  DATA streams_testWTM
  TYPE LINE
  CLASS
    COLOR 255 0 0
  END
END

I know that this projection definition for the custom layer is right because
I've used it in other mapfiles, albeit sans the datum transformation.

When I fire up the mapfile, the layers just doesn't draw. When I zoom out,
it doesn't show up anywhere near my other layers (I never see it at all).

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Chip Hankley - GIS Coordinator
Graef, Anhalt, Schloemer & Associates, Inc.
5126 West Terrace Drive
Madison, Wisconsin 53718-8949
PHONE 608.245.1969
FAX 608.242.0787