[Mapserver-users] MutiByte language on Mapserver

Naoyuki Watari watari at intage.co.jp
Tue Jul 1 01:52:55 EDT 2003

Hi,

It's may be FAQ.
I'm in trouble with Japanese language....
I tried building mapserver environment on Win2k with PostGIS (mapserve is
win-exe binary, PostgreSQL is working on cygwin).
The label is fine if the data were single-byte characters(like numeric or
alphabetical), but it goes wrong if the data were Japanese characters.
Does anyone know how can I display Japanese-mutibyte characters on
Mapserver?
Anyone has experiences building the server with multi-byte environment
(Chinese or Hungle etc.), please help me.
Thanks.

Naoyuki Watari