[Mapserver-users] MapServer --with-regex=system error

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Tue Jul 1 03:57:53 EDT 2003

Greg,

a couple of things to check:
- somewhere you should have (or make) a phpinfo.php page. Check there if it
really uses the system regex. Not by reading the configure options in the
upper part of this page - they're just copied, not matter if they were good
or bad - but scroll down till you find an item that tells you what regex php
uses.
- Usually, if you compile php without explicitly setting a install dir
(--prefix=...), it installs in /usr/local. Maybe you still have some remnants
of older php installations; php packages that come with linux distributions
usually install in /usr. Mapserver uses a program that gets installed along
with php, php-config, to get information about regex used. If there is both a
php-config in /usr/bin and in /usr/local/bin, the old one in /usr/bin will
probably be found first and get used, and give mapserver old info about the
regex used. Make sure you remove all parts of older php installations before
installing your own compiled php. Or configure it with --prefix=/usr, then it
will overwrite your old version.

Regards,
Vincent Schut.