[Mapserver-users] Mapserver WMS client and proxy server

Stefan Wiegand s.wiegand at kdvz.de
Wed Jul 2 05:23:29 EDT 2003

--=_alternative 0033B185C1256D57_=

Hello all,

I am having problems with using the WMS-client support in MapServer 3.6
(CGI). I try to connect to an external WMS Server via layerdefinition. The
request to the server simply does nothing until it times out. We are using
a proxy and firewall between the mapserver and the Internet and this is
the problem (sys-admin told me). It is not allowed to connect directly
between cgi-exe and a server outside. Any ideas or solution how to handle
this problem?

Thanks
Stefan Wiegand
Mail: s.wiegand at kdvz.de