[Mapserver-users] adding RASTER Layer

Brock Murch bmurch at seas.marine.usf.edu
Wed Jul 2 15:15:49 EDT 2003

Lo all:
	I seem to have stumbled into a problem. I am working throught the tutorial
and have had much success, however, I can't seem to make the s2ex3 raster
layer work. If I comment out the:

#LAYER # Shaded Relief Raster
#  NAME "relief"
#  DATA "raster/shdrlfi020g_ugl.tif"
#  STATUS DEFAULT
#  TYPE RASTER
#  OFFSITE 0
#END

it works fine.

However, if the layer is place I get no image, just a small vertical line
(probably the border). I am using the newest version of mapserver.

mapserv -v
MapServer version 4.0-beta1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

gdal-config --formats
gxf gtiff hfa aigrid aaigrid ceos ceos2 iso8211 bsb xpm sdts raw dted mem jdem
envisat elas fit vrt usgsdem l1b nitf bmp hdf4 gif jpeg png

I have tried it with my own data too. png format with a png world file
following the above map file format with the same results.

What am I missing? I'm not sure what to try next. Any thoughts would be
greatly appreciated.

--
Brock Murch
Institute for Marine Remote Sensing