[Mapserver-users] Oracle Spatial Query

Zamil Murji Zamil.Murji at divestco.com
Mon Jul 7 13:01:22 EDT 2003

Hello all,

Is it possible to use a layer from an oracle spatial db in accordance with a template file.

Currently, if the data resides in a shapefile you can in query mode return a template file. The template file can have attributes from the associated .dbf file. I want to do the same for a layer from an oracle spatial db.

So in the data string if i went:
DATA "SELECT GEOM, WELL_ID FROM OILWELLS"
I could refer to well_id in the template file. Can this be done? Some sample .map files would be great and template files as well. I would like to do this with mode set as nquery.

Thanks
Zamil