[Mapserver-users] PostGIS questions - help with mapserver

Zamil Murji Zamil.Murji at divestco.com
Mon Jul 7 19:03:57 EDT 2003

Hi David,

I tried your data string. It comes back really fast but with the exact same result, the following error message:
msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'oilwells'.

I downloaded this from the mapserver website. Here is some interesting stuff:
I'm using PostgreSQL 7.3.3 and PostGIS 0.7.5
Both are fairly new, do you think there is a problem with this? If so what versions are supported?

mapserv -v results in the following:
MapServer version 4.0-beta1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT
=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS
_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=
OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Thanks,
Zamil