[Mapserver-users] queries - mapserver is "hanging"

Christina Biakowski CCGIS christina.biakowski at ccgis.de
Wed Jul 9 08:15:32 EDT 2003

Hello,
we have problems with MapServer, when in quick succession query-requests
(using GetFeatureInfo) are set. After some requests performance is
decreasing significantly and we even got CGI-timeouts. Having a look at the
processes on the server I found that  with every request a mapserver-process
is started. The process then is still running quite a while after the
query-request has been send, e.g. after many requests many
MapServer-processes are running simultaneously until the queries do not work
any more. I wonder why it takes so long until the mapserv-process stops,
after a query has been passed to MapServer. What might be the problem?
(We are using 3.6 on Windows)
Thanks!

Regards,

Christina