[Mapserver-users] French Labels

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jul 10 12:15:28 EDT 2003

I would suggest that you make sure the label field in your DBF uses the
same character encoding as your font.  In general fonts should be in
ISOLatin-1 (ISO-8859-01) encoding.  Depending on which software
generated the DBF, the file may be in some old DOS codepage encoding.

I'm not sure of the best way to fix your DBF file... hopefully the
software that generates the DBF offers a way to chose the encoding for
the accents, or maybe you could try editing the file in Excel.

Daniel