[Mapserver-users] maximum length postgis data query?

Twan Kogels twan at twansoft.com
Mon Jul 14 07:26:29 EDT 2003

Hello,

Is there a maximum length of the query which i put in the data property of
a postgis layer? I suspect this because when i enter a query with length
544 chars everything goes oke and the points are returned oke. But when i
add 4 spaces (or more) to my query so it reaches a length of over 547 it
goes wrong. mappostgis.c is then generating a wrong query, the
"..asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(..[strange/half query part]..)),
'NDR')" then contains wrong values.

I'm now using the latest version of mapserver (cvs). Can somebody offer me
a helping hand?

Best regards,
Twan Kogels