FW: [Mapserver-users] landsat wms

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 15 23:59:22 EDT 2003

Heitzso wrote:
> The HOWTO saved me
>    http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/wms-client-howto.html
> Note from the HOWTO that the bounding box, srs, and image
> size are set by mapserver.  Another key was I was using the demo
> map file template which does not set an imagepath in the WEB
> configuration (set instead via the init.html file) and that blocks
> the WMS from having a place to put the temp file.
>
> CURRENT PROBLEM: I have this layer at the top of the map
> file because it blocks all other layers.  Transparency doesn't
> seem to help.  BTW, I'm running mapserver_dev from a
> couple of days ago.

Hi,

You are requesting the data for landsat7 layer in JPEG format which does not
offer transparency.  If the server supports it you could request it in
PNG format and you might get working transparency support ... likely at the
cost of getting a substantially larger file than the JPEG image.

Other than that, there really isn't much that MapServer can do.

Best regards,