[Mapserver-users] Question about qString and Mapserver 4.0

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jul 16 17:33:03 EDT 2003

You shouldn't have to quote strings anymore, at least not in beta2 or
straight from CVS. A string like 001-004 in old versions would have
broken things but now if the value of qstring isn't recognized as a
logical, regex or string expression then it automatically cast as a
string expression. So now qstring's starting with numbers are just fine.
I'd grab the new version.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> "Neal Ellis" <neal.ellis at peabody-ma.gov> 06/24/03 8:42 AM >>>
Please consider my entry for the Mapserver Special Olympics...

I am trying out the new qItem and qString functions of the itemquery in
Mapserver 4.0. These new functions are awesome and a lot easier to use.
I am having a problem though when I send a string containing a
character. I know I have to put quotes around it but I would like to
have the quotes entered in without the user having to enter them in
manually. For instance, I have a parcel record of 001-004 and it needs
to go into the text box as '001-004' but I would like the user to enter
in just 001-004 and a string delimiter adds the ' ' on submittal. I know
there is a way to do it in Javascript but I am not too good with
Javascript.

Thank you in advance.

NEAL M ELLIS
GIS Director