[Mapserver-users] Fwd: Help on php_mapscript.dll

Chip Hankley Chip.Hankley at rmtinc.com
Thu Jul 17 10:46:14 EDT 2003

--=_5A047EA4.97F6BB53

> I' ve installed  php-4.3.2 for windows and configured as CGI,  I' ve pu=
> php_mapscript.dll, extract from  mapserver-7.0-dev-win32-php4.3.2.zip,
> in c:\PHP\extension.
>
> More information are in phpinfo.zip.  However I have the message
> Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library
> 'C:\PHP\extensions\php3_mapscript.dll' - Impossibile trovare il modulo
> specificato. in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phptest\phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on
> line 17
> I read the FAQ on this error, but nothing do to, the error remains.
>
> Let me know something, please.
>
> Many thanks and best regards
>
> Luigi Marzo
=20
USUSALLY this indicates that you have not copied the associated DLLs into=
=20the SYSTEM32 directory. There should have been some DLLs (in several Z=
IP files) that came with the distribution, if you look at the README file=
, it will tell you to place them in the WINNT/SYSTEM32 directory.
=20
Also, you should try to load one of the 'canned' extensions that come wit=
h PHP. The Dbase module for instance. See if that loads correctly. If it =
doesn't, you may need to play with the permissions on your PHP directory.=

=20
HTH... Chip

Outgoing messages, along with any attachments, are scanned for viruses at=
=20RMT prior to sending.
-----
NOTICE--This email may contain confidential and privileged information=20
for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,=

please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies.

--=_5A047EA4.97F6BB53

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1126" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV>&gt; I' ve installed&nbsp; php-4.3.2 for windows and configured as=20
CGI,&nbsp; I' ve put<BR>&gt; php_mapscript.dll, extract from&nbsp;=20
mapserver-7.0-dev-win32-php4.3.2.zip,<BR>&gt; in=20
c:\PHP\extension.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; More information are in phpinfo.zip.&nb=
sp;=20
However I have the message<BR>&gt; Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic =

library<BR>&gt; 'C:\PHP\extensions\php3_mapscript.dll' - Impossibile trov=
are il=20
modulo<BR>&gt; specificato. in=20
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\phptest\phpinfo_mapscript.phtml on<BR>&gt; line 17<BR>=
&gt; I=20
read the FAQ on this error, but nothing do to, the error=20
remains.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Let me know something, please.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; M=
any=20
thanks and best regards<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Luigi Marzo</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>USUSALLY this indicates that you have not copied the associated DLLs=
=20into=20
the SYSTEM32 directory. There should have been some DLLs (in several ZIP =
files)=20
that came with the distribution, if you look at the README&nbsp;file, it =
will=20
tell you to place them in the WINNT/SYSTEM32 directory.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Also, you should try to load one of the 'canned' extensions that com=
e with=20
PHP. The Dbase module for instance. See if that loads correctly. If it do=
esn't,=20
you may need to play with the permissions on your PHP directory.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>HTH... Chip</DIV>
<P>Outgoing messages, along with any attachments, are scanned&nbsp;for vi=
ruses=20
at RMT prior to sending.=20
<HR>
NOTICE-- This email may contain confidential and privileged information f=
or the=20
sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others =
is=20
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please&nbsp;c=
ontact=20
the sender immediately and delete all copies.=20
<P></P>
</BODY></HTML>

--=_5A047EA4.97F6BB53--