[Mapserver-users] how to put php code inside a CGI template

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Jul 22 07:54:16 EDT 2003

Luca,

You can't really do this because it is not the way things work. The
browser makes a request to the server. The server then handles the
request by having the appropriate server side application like GCI
mapserv OR php to process the request. and then it sends the results
back to the browser.

What you are trying to do is send a request to CGI mapserv to process
the templates and the send the results to PHP instead of the browser
to be processed again INSTEAD of sending the results back to the
browser.

If you want to work in PHP then you should not be using CGI mapserv,
you need to rebuild your whole application to be written using
PHP/mapscript.

Hope this helps,
  -Steve W.