[Mapserver-users] MapServer on XP

Chip Hankley Chip.Hankley at rmtinc.com
Tue Jul 22 09:45:05 EDT 2003

--=_8CD2A3F9.B5D49929

Ryan,
=20
It sounds to me like the URL that points to your "tmp" directory may not =
be correct. When you click on the map, and everything disappears, take a =
look at your source (in the HTML). See what the URL for the image looks l=
ike. Try specifying the full URL (http://host/tmp) rather than a relative=
=20path in your mapfile.
=20
That's my best guess.
=20
Chip

>>> "Alexander,Ryan [Dartmouth]" <Ryan.Alexander at EC.GC.CA> 07/21/03 12:16=
PM >>>
I followed some steps that I found on the net but mapserver is still not
working.  The first time it loads, it seem to load perfect but as soon as=
=20I
click on something I lose all my images.  I can't refresh either cause wh=
en
I try to the images are gone again.  I can't do anything with the map.

I think that the url parameters are correct because I can easily navigate=
it and the /tmp/ seems right because gifs get written to the directory bu=
t I
just can't see them.

When I installed the MapServer CGI I was supposed to get a message saying=

"No query information to decode.  QUERY_STRING is set, but empty"  I get =
the
message "No query information to decode.  QUERY_STRING is not set". =20

I'm using IIS ver. 5.1 and I set all my virtual directories and
stuff......but still a no go.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ryan

Outgoing messages, along with any attachments, are scanned for viruses at=
=20RMT prior to sending.
-----
NOTICE--This email may contain confidential and privileged information=20
for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,=

please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies.

--=_8CD2A3F9.B5D49929

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1126" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>Ryan,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It sounds to me like the URL that points to your "tmp" directory may=
=20not be=20
correct. When you click on the map, and everything disappears, take a loo=
k at=20
your source (in the HTML). See what the URL for the image looks like. Try=
=20
specifying the full URL (<A href=3D"http://host/tmp">http://host/tmp</A>)=
=20rather=20
than a relative path in your mapfile.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>That's my best guess.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Chip<BR><BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; "Alexander,Ryan [Dartmouth]"=20
&lt;Ryan.Alexander at EC.GC.CA&gt; 07/21/03 12:16PM &gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>I follow=
ed some=20
steps that I found on the net but mapserver is still not<BR>working.&nbsp=
; The=20
first time it loads, it seem to load perfect but as soon as I<BR>click on=
=20
something I lose all my images.&nbsp; I can't refresh either cause when<B=
R>I try=20
to the images are gone again.&nbsp; I can't do anything with the map.<BR>=
<BR>I=20
think that the url parameters are correct because I can easily navigate t=
o<BR>it=20
and the /tmp/ seems right because gifs get written to the directory but=20
I<BR>just can't see them.<BR><BR>When I installed the MapServer CGI I was=
=20
supposed to get a message saying<BR>"No query information to decode.&nbsp=
;=20
QUERY_STRING is set, but empty"&nbsp; I get the<BR>message "No query info=
rmation=20
to decode.&nbsp; QUERY_STRING is not set".&nbsp; <BR><BR>I'm using IIS ve=
r. 5.1=20
and I set all my virtual directories and<BR>stuff......but still a no=20
go.<BR><BR>Any ideas?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Ryan<BR><BR></DIV>
<P>Outgoing messages, along with any attachments, are scanned&nbsp;for vi=
ruses=20
at RMT prior to sending.=20
<HR>
NOTICE-- This email may contain confidential and privileged information f=
or the=20
sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others =
is=20
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please&nbsp;c=
ontact=20
the sender immediately and delete all copies.=20
<P></P>
</BODY></HTML>

--=_8CD2A3F9.B5D49929--