[Mapserver-users] some troubles on proj

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jul 25 11:13:42 EDT 2003

Chen Fu wrote:
> First, why proj data must be save on c:\proj\nad? I
> have try use PROJ_LIB to point it to other directory,
> but all get "msProcessProjection(): Projection library
> error. no system list, errno: 2"

You're correct, you get this because PROJ doesn't find the 'epsg' file.
 Depending on the build that you got it looks for it in either C:\proj
or C:\proj\nad

> will return a error "msProcessProjection(): Projection
> library error. no options found in 'init' file". it
> seems short of 42304 code. I don't know the reason
> because i just download it in the mapserver4.0b2(the
> lastest package).

That's because the EPSG:42304 code is not part of the standard
distribution.  You can get it in a new 'espg' file that we distribute on
our download site:

http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/proj4-epsg-with-42xxx.zip

> it will work when i set the size as 500*500 or
> 1000*1000. But when i change it to 2000*2000, there
> will raise an error:
> ERROR 4: `D:\ms40-beta2/.\105911452320440.img.tmp' not
> recognised as a supported
>  file format.

It is quite likely that the remote server returns an XML exception (or
garbage) when you request the 2000x2000 image, possibly because it has a
builtin limit on the size of the images that it will serve.
Unfortunately MapServer is easily confused when the result of a WMS
request is not a valid image... that's on the ToDo list.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca