[Mapserver-users] printing a map with a defined scale

Pericles Nacionales nacional at cbs.umn.edu
Tue Jul 29 20:59:26 EDT 2003

Well, if using a Mac it should be 72 (unless that's changed in OS X) or if
you're using Windows then it would be 96.  If you're in *NIX it could be
75 or 100 (or higher?)  I don't know if those screen  resolutions are
set in stone.  It's possible that it changes from computer to computer.
If your function is in Javascript, is there a way for you to obtain the
client's screen resolution so that you could take it into account when
calculating your scale?

Cheers!
Perry