[Mapserver-users] Bounding Box in Perl Mapscript

James Wharfe s0231180 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Fri Jul 18 12:18:03 EDT 2003

Hello everyone,

Does anybody have examples of a Bounding Box function (ie. user defined
rectangle for zooming to new map extents) written in PerlMapscript? I've
already plundered the PerlMapscript examples and have noticed the 'fit'
method in Mapscript's rectObj class but I'm unsure as to how to code to
allow the user to perform this function using a click and drag method with
the mouse.

If this can't be done does anybody have any recommendations as to which
alternatives it might be better to follow given the Javascript bbox or the
Mapplet jbox.

Thanks,
James.