[Mapserver-users] Installation: Couldn't find gdal-config

Uli Mueller uli at geops.de
Tue Jul 29 07:39:32 EDT 2003

Recently did some updates on my Suse 7.2 system:

php 4.3.1 -> php 4.3.2 - compile and functionality ok
gd 1.8.4 -> gd 2.0.15 - compile ok
gdal 1.1.8 -> gdal 1.1.9 - compile ok

MapServer 3.6 -> MapServer 4.0b - configure with OGR-support fails:
	checking whether we should include OGR support...
	checking for gdal-config... no
	configure: error: couldn't find gdal-config

I tried different paths in ./configure to point to gdal-config (e.g.
/home/src/gdal-1.1.9/apps/gdal-config and /usr/local/bin/gdal-config) -> no
success

The old MapServer 3.6 with OGR doesn't compile any more either.
Configure without OGR compiles ok.

I did not want to overload this mail with all my configure options. If you
need them to answer my question please let me know

uli