[Mapserver-users] gxx_personality_v0 problems (Mac OS X 10.2) *SOLVED*

William K woklist at charter.net
Mon Jun 2 13:05:33 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I've been having these gxx_personality_v0 issues lately.  I had tried
all the solutions from this list and others, and the Mac writeups on
getting MS built, to no avail.  Everything would compile and the
mapserv cgi worked.  But the mapscript PHP module would cause
gxx_personality_v0 errors in the httpd log and wouldn't load.

First off, the solution I used in the first place to get mapserver to
compile was to add -lstdc++ to STATIC_LIBS in the makefile.  Well, it
turns out this only applies to the mapserv cgi, and not mapscript.  I
had to add -lstdc++ to MS_LIBS in the mapscript makefile as well
(strange that mapscript would compile without it).  Now all works -
mapscript shows up in my phpinfo().

Now to start on the mapscript tutorials... ^_^

PS.  Tho I say this was for Mac OS X, it probably applies to others
using gcc 3.x.

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro
RIP Douglas Adams 1952-2001