[Mapserver-users] Problem with Mapplet

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Wed Jun 4 12:44:44 EDT 2003

Ali -

I don't think this will help you, but I wanted to clarify that the current version of MapServer will support any output image format for which there is a driver.  GD is commonly used as an output driver for MapServer, and GIF support has been removed from recent versions because users need to have a patent license from Unisys to legally use that support.  There are patched versions of various GD levels out there in the world, and some users are using them.

MapServer is happy to support GIFs.  To legitimately have it do so, you need an output driver such as GD with GIF support, and a license from Unisys.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.