[Mapserver-users] Errors documented?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jun 4 16:21:40 EDT 2003

We've tried to make most error messages self explanatory. I mean do we
really need to document every place a NULL pointer exception is caught?
Probably not. Since context is everything it makes more sense (to me
anyway) to flesh out those instances where the message is too cryptic,
or there isn't one. As folks have mentioned them I/we have tried to fix
things. The files maperror.c/.h list the main error categories and I can
expand on those if folks would like...

Steve

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 16:13, Waldemar Kosmider wrote:
> Hi,
> Could someone point to a document that lists and describes
> runtime error messages?

Nope.

Because there is no such thing. Two workarounds are: either you search
the mailing list archive for your particular error message, or (this is
unix-specific, you probably can figure out a way to do this on other
systems) you can search the sources for that error message and see in
what context they arised.

hth,

thorsten