[Mapserver-users] Using arrow buttons to pan...

AMC Story s9646183 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 5 08:42:13 EDT 2003

Hi there,

It seems that the standard interfaces to MapServer utilise a "pan" radio button
and then allow the user to pan by recentering the map on the basis on a mouse
click.  I'd like to adapt this standard interface so that the user can click on
a north/south/etc.. arrow, and the map would be repositioned according to some
predefined default.

I've seen this done using JavaScript, but was hoping that it would be possible
to implement this (fairly standard) functionality without the need for
JavaScript (i.e. by just adding on a number to some x/y value which is passed
directly to MapServer).

Does anyone have any examples of how this might be done?

Many thanks in advance,
Ali