[Mapserver-users] JavaMapServer (JNI-only)

Andrew Collins andrewrcollins at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 06:37:03 EDT 2003

Each

I just released a completely barebones JNI interface to a
compiled MapServer 3.6.3 DLL, along with a ANT-based build
and test environment, at SourceForge:

JavaMapServer 0.5.0
http://sourceforge.net/projects/javamapserver

I am new to making releases at SF. There is currently
no documentation. I didn't include any release notes.

I hope to get some improved code out there, with an example,
soon. I'm untangling an example which can be deployed in a
servlet engine. I'm currently using JavaMapServer inside
a servlet running on JBoss. I'm also working on an MBean
that puts the MapScriptBean into JNDI.

The header documentation in the source files, and the main
project page are misleading... I doubt that there will ever
be a "pure-Java" implementation of MapServer.

For my current needs a JNI interface works just fine.

=====
Andrew Collins - andrewrcollins at yahoo.com
http://profiles.yahoo.com/andrewrcollins/