AW: [Mapserver-users] map of mapserver users and providers

Alexander Pucher pucher at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at
Tue Jun 10 08:20:29 EDT 2003

Hi,

my personal thoughts about this:

Paul Hastings wrote:

>http://www.geourl.org

Idea: Nice
Implementation: Poor

Nice to get an idea of such an application, but I would think that we
("the mapserver-users") have a more sophisticated approach in mind.

This  'mapserver of mapserver-users' could act as a kind of business
card for the mapserver, as well as the people that work with it. This
could be a nice thing to show people that ask for actual mapserver
implementations.

Just some short use case, I can think of:

-) I want to find all mapserver users (and their applications) around
the place I live, Vienna, Austria.
-) I'm going to Athens, Greece next week, is someone working with
mapserver over there?
-) Who are possible mapserver-users I could invite to an regional
mapserver meeting?

regards,
alex.

Departement of Geography and Regional Research
University of Vienna
Cartography and GIS