[Mapserver-users] map of mapserver users and providers

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Jun 10 09:31:06 EDT 2003

I'll second that motion! All that OGC training will now come in handy Joe :P

J.F.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Morissette [mailto:morissette at dmsolutions.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 9:23 AM
To: Joe Bussell
Cc: mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
Subject: Re: [Mapserver-users] map of mapserver users and providers

Joe Bussell wrote:

> I would like to create a map of the users of Mapserver.  The plan is to
> take something like http://www.trafficdodger.com/perl/warp.cgi and make
> a similar page with user's locations plotted.  This could easily turn
> into a regional developer locater...
>
> If there is interest I will craft up a form to input the data.  If
> enough people participate I will create the map and associated locater
> service.

That's a great idea, and actually on our way back from the MUM we were
saying that it would be cool to have something like this...
unfortunately nobody in our group had time to work on this, so if you
offer to build such a site then great!  :)

My wishlist items for this application would be that you make the
locations available as WMS and WFS services.  We need only the
locations, I wouldn't expect that you could serve the base maps via WMS
anyway... this way, anyone can integrate locations in their own
MapServer app, implement their own queries, etc.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca