[Mapserver-users] Filter and FilterItem

Mark Balman Mark.Balman at birdlife.org.uk
Wed Jun 11 07:12:13 EDT 2003

Hi All

I have just installed the latest mapserver 4 onto windows 98, so far all is
well except i cannot get an app to run. I used to be able to select a value
from a list box and mapserver would return the shapefile, now I get the
message -

msQueryByAttributes(): Query Error. No query expression defined....

I have looked at the migration docs but am a bit stumped as to what I need
to change...

In my mapfile I have

Filter "%value%"
FilterItem "SciName"

and in the initialisation file I have

<input type ="hidden" name="qlayer" value="SpcRanges">
<input type ="hidden" name="mode" value="itemnquery">
<input type ="hidden" name="item" value="SCINAME">

Any ideas most welcome!

TIA

Mark