[Mapserver-users] proj.pm build problem

Dana Quinn dana at nextbus.com
Wed Jun 11 21:05:12 EDT 2003

Hi, I found the fix to this problem, I should have posted it
back to the list.  I do it now so hopefully it will link
up in the list archives.

Again, Perl 5.8, RH 8.0 (and a pretty uptodate RH 8.0 at that -
newest kernel and so on).  I found what I needed in the
Mapserver wiki - Perl MapScript, then Perl 5.8 -

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PerlMapScriptPerl5.8

this specifically relates to the perl mapscript build, but I
had the same sort of lines in the proj_wrap.c file for
proj.pm.  Here's what the wiki page for mapscript said:

Contributed by Joe Bussell
     The interface code in mapscript_wrap.c is broken for PERL 5.8.
     Specifically, the macro XS(boot_mapscript) must be declared if the
PERL object is not declared.

     In my world line 431 which reads:
     SWIGEXPORT(void) boot_mapscript(CV* cv);

     should be replaced with:
     XS(boot_mapscript);

Thanks to Joe for posting that, whenever he did.

I changed the proj_wrap.c in an analogous fashion, and my build
went to completion!  Things work fine now.

Dana

Dana Quinn, dana at nextbus.com
NextBus Information Systems
(510) 420-3117