[Mapserver-users] RE: Querying by attributes.

David.Beard at ga.gov.au David.Beard at ga.gov.au
Wed Jun 11 21:46:01 EDT 2003

Marc,

I think you need 2 separate layers:
- 1 to display the building layer. This will be the same as your current layer, with FILTERITEM and FILTER removed.
- 1 to query the building layer. This will contain FILTERITEM and FILTER, and does not require any CLASS info, although it does require a CLASS object.

If you try to display a layer that contains a filter without parsing a filter value to it, the layer will not display, as the filter will find no features because you're not parsing info to it. I gather that's what you're experiencing at the moment.

So, use the query layer to determine the map extent, but the display layer to display the features.

Dave